Sunday, October 4, 2009

Grand Island Mansion - SJ's Disc Jockey


Hello All,


This past Friday night, I had the pleasure of being the DJ for Jessica and Michael at the very cool, Grand Island Mansion in Walnut Grove(along the Delta). The drive there is a great advertisement for owning a GPS!! I setup a small system outdoors for their ceremony, setup my phat system in the ballroom for the dancing, and my photo booth was in the courtyard, ready for some photostrip fun. Once they were pronounced husband and wife, guests were invited upstairs, where the dining room turns into a boisterous hall, because of its acoustic nature. With no sound system upstairs, I clinked a glass to get everyone's attention, and introduced the wedding party and newlyweds as loudly as I could. Once everyone made it downstairs after dinner, the party was on! Toasts, cake and the formal dances commenced, and we partied until the wee hours! Jessica from http://www.stoutphoto.com/ was great to work with as always, and Debbie from the Mansion is one of the easiest venue managers on the planet to work with! It really was a cool night.

No comments: