Thursday, July 12, 2012

Old Sugar Mill Wedding - Sacramento Wedding DJ

Sacramento Wedding Dj

What a phenomenal celebration!

This past Sunday, Megan and Chris were married at Old Sugar Mill, one of my favorite veunes. It was quite a party, let me tell ya!

What was really great, is what I invite my clients to do, which is to add personal ingredients into your entertainment. Megan and Chris did just that...

Their ceremony was behind OSM, which is a perfect location for couple to marry.

Cocktail hour for their 200+ guests was in the Gallery, as guests enjoyed wine, beer and food, which led up to all the fun. We invited everyone in to take their dinner seats, and I prepared for the Grand Introductions.

To set the scene, Chris is a basketball coach, and he had the cool idea that he wanted his Groomsmen to be introduced like the starting 5 of a basketball team. The Bridesmaids were going to introduced more simply to Katy Perry's California Girls. The last bit of hurrah was once the guys made it in, they would huddle up like a team, bounce back and forth, then literally tear off their pants!!! (they were tear-aways). Fortunately for me, I got to be the 'voice' of this act, and it came off soooooo well, I wish I could do it all over again! The crowd went wild.

Megan and Chris danced to their first dance right away, Boyz II Men's, I'll Make Love To You. I asked their guests to singalong, and they were serenaded, center stage!

Dinner followed, toasts were really well done, and for my favorite part of the evening, the final toast was a surprise to Megan and Chris. Two of their wedding party members rose, spoke briefly, and as Lauren played the Ukulele, they both sang Ingrid M's, "The Way I Am." It was a moment that spoke volumes, I can't begin to explain how cool and meaningful that felt.

Then, because Megan and Chris met at a Wonderbread 5 concert, everyone was invited into the barrel room for a Concert, from none other than Wonderbread 5. These guests danced solid until I departed, and I must admit, I was envious that I wasn't playing tunes to make everyone dance to, because the energy was what I live for.

Best always to M&C.

visit us at www.sjsdiscjockey.com

No comments: