Monday, January 23, 2012

Band or DJ? - Sacramento Wedding DJ

Sacramento Wedding DJ

Great question, band or DJ? I get asked this quite often, and will be playing and providing DJ services along with a band a couple of time this coming year for wedding couples.

To be honest, there is an energy that a band gives off that a DJ just can't replicate. Live music, if done well, makes for a great party. I have been to events where a band would play a song that I would never dream of playing. My inside voice says, 'Oh, this will never work!' Low and behold, the dancefloor is packed and I must swallow my words. It's just the energy that live music gives off that can pack a dancefloor.

That said, from my experience, there things that a great DJ does that a band doesn't do. Those elements are providing ceremony music with wireless lapel microphones, provide MC services that create special moments and memories well before the dancing begins, light up a room with special event lighting such as uplights, a monogram spotlight (GOBO), be able to change music directions instantly, and much more.

There are merits to both services, but in most cases, a quality DJ tends to provide a more fulfilling experience...in my humble opinion!

Visit us at www.sjsdiscjockey.com

No comments: