Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Guests Matter

Sacramento Wedding DJ

I was chosen to be the DJ for Derek and Megan this last weekend at the Citizen Hotel in downtown Sac. Kate Miller Events was generous to put us together months ago. So here is what is interesting...Derek and Megan have a very cool vibe about them,and their vision was to make their reception an Urban, Cool, Cocktail Reception, and not the run-of-the-mill wedding. They had hundreds of votive candles, we had amber uplighting around the perimeter, the chandeliers were turned off...and it was just plain cool. They had asked me to play a Michael Buble inspired mix of music from start to finish. No Usher, Katy Perry, Pink, etc., just stay with the classic standards. Their guests ended up getting so antsy, that they were begging me to fire things up! I respected the Newlyweds format, and as much as I would have loved to play some beat, it wasn't in the master plan. The guests then started putting pressure on the bride, and one hour before we were scheduled to close, she came up to my booth and gave me the green light to crank it up! So, I rocked it for a solid hour, and they all had an absolute ball, yelling, screaming, dancing and partying!! Congrats to D/M, and congrats to their guests for their cool influence!

www.sjsdiscjockey.com

1 comment:

dj services said...

Wow your weekend was great fun. I am looking for dj services help me out.