Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Make It Yours

One of my big 'pushes' this year is to encourage couples to make their reception 'custom.' What exactly does that mean? Well, there are DJ's who say, 'I will make your reception the best EVER!' That's a pretty big statement if you ask me, and I realize it's more of a marketing ploy than a reality, but what I am really trying to encourage is making the events of your wedding day unique, fun and personalized. For example, when you are ready to join your guests at your reception, we DJ's usually introduce the members of your wedding party by name, and then bring you, the newlyweds in to an enthusiastic inflection in our voice, and a fun song in the background, in hopes of bringing your guests to their feet. Sounds nice, yes? It is nice. But....whenever I take it to a more personal level, which I will explain shortly, guests always come by and compliment the cool intros we just delivered. What I am referring to is introducing your wedding party one by one by one, with a unique song for each playing, and at the same time I am reading a cool, funny bio about them that you would write (and not tell them). So, all of a sudden, they are walking in to a story that pokes fun at them, your guests are laughing and clapping, and you, the newlyweds, get to soak it all in as the last couple to be introduced.

That is just one of many ingredients that you can personalize that your guests will hopefully remember from your wedding; I have many more to share.

No comments: